Twin Palms - North Side
Save 20% off rates for September - October 2018 bookings!
Twin Palms Villa is directly oceanfront in the Rum Point district and enjoys a sandy beach and protective coral reef with excellent snorkeling. No neighbors on either side ensure guest privacy. New contemporary 18' x 54' pool and infinity hot tub was built this summer. Pool table and shuffleboard table added in December.
This deceptively large 6,500 sq ft single story contemporary home was built specifically for entertaining larger families. Twin Palms offers stunning glass-wall views and has a great open concept feel.
Twin Palms Unique Features
- 100' oceanfront covered veranda for protection from the sun
- 56' pool with integral heated infinity spa, LED lighting and dolphin fountain
- Pool table, Foosball, and Shuffle Board in game room
- 2 super-duty kayaks and lots of tech-toys (Xbox One, Sonos, Apple TV, etc.)
- Veranda offers an exterior half-bath so that guests need not walk inside as often with sand on their feet
- The main house sleeps 12 and offers an attached optional king suite (sleeps 2) with private bath & full kitchen for nannies, grandparents, etc. for a modest surcharge of only $150/night. Studio is accessible from the exterior as well as through the laundry room
- Large, modern kitchen with breakfast bar, stainless steel appliances, 2 dishwashers (easy cleanup!) and tons of counter space for feeding a large group
- Media room with large flat screen TV and plenty of comfortable seating
- Multiple dining areas, all with gorgeous oceanfront views. Outdoor dining tables delivered in February
- Extra TV’s for movies and gaming
- The house uses a multiple SONOS speaker system
- The main living area and media room each offer multiple reclining seat choices for watching sports, movies or gaming
- Large, custom-made charcoal grill with breeze protection.
The villa enjoys a deep sandy beach, 2 tandem kayaks and 10 loungers for sun bathing. We enjoy a small area on the beach that is sandy barefoot entry to the water as well for children.
Owner does not charge an extra fee for spa heat. Pool itself is not heated--even the Ritz-Carlton and Westin hotels do not heat their pools in winter this far south.
Weddings and events permitted. Event fee and additional refundable damage deposit apply.
- Sandy Beach
- Private Pool & Hot Tub
- 100' Oceanfront Veranda
- 2 Tandem Kayaks
- Central A/C
- Flat Screen TVs
- Custom TV Recliners
- Sonos Audio System
- Media Rooms
- Apple TV
- XBOX One
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Shuffle Board Table
- Full Gourmet Kitchen
- Large Charcoal Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- No Smoking Permitted
- No Pets Allowed
- Off-Street Parking
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman.
The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but also can have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations. The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes or fins). The prevailing breeze (trade winds) from the east also makes flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
Twin Palms offers a very sandy backyard and beach and there are areas in the water that offer some barefoot beach entry—we still recommend water shoes. Excellent snorkeling as well.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop, and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
Silver Thatch Guest Services
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- $150 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $2,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
|Apr 16, 2018||Dec 15, 2018||$1,650|
|Dec 16, 2018||Jan 06, 2019||$2,950|
|Jan 07, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||$2,250|
|Apr 15, 2019||Dec 15, 2019||$1,650|
Small Group Rate2
(12 Guests Max)
|Apr 15 - Dec 15||$1,500|
|Dec 16 - Jan 6||N/A|
|Jan 7 - Apr 14||$2,100|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership. Guest Service Fee is capped at 7 days maximum for extended stays.
- Owner requires a refundable cleaning and damages deposit of $1,500 for artwork and furniture
- 5 nights minimum stay required, Saturday or Sunday arrival or departure required
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's week
- Additonal surcharge of $600 per night added over Thanksgiving week (11/18 - 11/25)
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay
- Weddings and events permitted with prior written approval. Owner requires an additional refundable event deposit of $2,500. Maximum 50 guests.
Reviews of Twin Palms
5 user reviews.
Far Exceeds ALL Expectationsout of 5
Reviewed by RP on 06/10/2018
We recently stayed in Twin Palms with our family for our summer vacation. It was just perfect for us, and we loved all the details in planning for large groups. We enjoyed the privacy and the closeness to Rum Point and Kaibo. It was a fantastic week and everyone loved the pool and the beach. The only drawback was the seaweed. It was all over the beach and in the water. We just went to other places to get in the water and swam at the house in the pool. We will definitely be back in the future!!
Incredible!out of 5
Reviewed by Sky on 12/01/2017
This is our 5th visit to the amazing Twin Palms and it just gets better and better every time. The addition of the pool and the hot tub have made it even more of an incredible experience. The minute you walk in, you are swept away by the view of gorgeous blue ocean - as if the home is sitting in the sea. The open concept kitchen/dining/living room make it the perfect place for entertaining . The separate media room is great for kids or private movie watching. The large bedrooms are tastefully decorated and super comfortable with everyone having their own private bathroom and shower. Our family can't say enough about this home. We never want to leave and truly feel like we've had the best vacation every time we are there! We can't wait for our next visit! There truly is no other place like it here in Cayman.
Fantastic New Homeout of 5
Reviewed by Bill W. on 12/18/2016
We rented Twin Palms for Christmas Week and could not be happier with our choice. This is a new home, and although we had some concerns about renting a new home, there were very few hiccups while we were there. The local manager checked in on us a few times to see if we needed anything, The bedrooms were all fresh and new as you would expect. The kids really enjoyed the game room. The beach was a soft sandy beach and we all enjoyed swimming right off the back beach. We understand the owner will be installing a large pool in the next few months and we look forward to a return trip. Highly recommend this home - just dont take our time period!!!
Fantastic Home and Viewsout of 5
Reviewed by Esther on 01/07/2017
Can not say enough good things about Twin Palms. The location is fantastic, the beach is really nice, the view extraordinary! Nice breezes coming off the water but not windy. The beach was cleaned prior to our arrival and stayed nice throughout our stay. We have been coming to the Northside/Rum Point area for over 10 times and this home would rate as the best we have stayed in for all of our trips. The home is just huge. The living area gave everyone room to spread out. The kids lover the theater room. We loved the back porch looking out into the ocean. We snorkeled every day and saw all kinds of fish and a couple small stingrays even... We also ventured out to Rum Point for a couple mornings and took a charter to Stingray City - an absolute must for anyone coming to Grand Cayman.... The restaurants in the area were all nice and we also drove to Tukka and The Italian Kitchen and The Lighthouse. All three were superb and highly recommended... We didnt want our stay to end and we will be back!!1
Striking Entryout of 5
Reviewed by M.P and E.L on 01/28/2017
We were completely floored upon walking into Twin Palms. The entire back of the home is glass overlooking the ocean. We just dropped our bags in amazement. Pictures could not prepare us for the beauty of this home, beach, location, everything!! The kitchen was well stocked and well thought through by the owners and management. The bedrooms were beautifully decorated and again, nicer than the pictures! The game room and theater were obvious magnets for our 6 kids. This was a two family vacation with children aged 6-17. Eveyone had their own space and we simply enjoyed spending our time at Twin palms. Shoutout to Scott and Jim for helping us arrange the rental and for Rhonda in guest services with thoughtful email links, things to do, restaurants, etc.... If you are thinking about coming to this home, don't even think twice. You will not be disappointed.