Fischer's Reef - Rum Point
Located only 1 mile from the famous Rum Point Club, Fischer's Reef is a perfectly designed 8 bedroom oceanfront villa ideal for large families, or group getaways. Featuring multiple living and sleeping areas--4 king suites, 3 queen suites, a twin bunk suite, and pull-out sofa--the villa’s unique floor-plan allows guests to spread out in ample style. A wide staircase separates the floors meaning the noise from one floor won’t reach the others.
Renovations completed in 2014 include luxurious features such as an oceanfront infinity pool with optional heat, beach cabana, multiple indoor and outdoor dining areas, two separate 75-inch LED TVs and Sonos home theater system. All the attention-to-detail makes Fischer’s Reef a wonderful venue for entertaining and relaxation.
Fischer’s Reef Notable Amenities
- Fischer's Reef is located within a designated marine park teeming with abundant marine life just steps off the infinity pool. Strap on your snorkel gear and go exploring, but please wear pool shoes for protection and avoid damaging the corals!
- Sandy beach with oceanside cabana and hammocks for hours of relaxing by the sea
- Wonderful sunrises and plenty of privacy
- Spectacular star gazing with minimal light interference
- The indoor living and dining areas upstairs are furnished with high-quality upholstered furniture and decor
- Large modern kitchen on the upper level with spacious refrigerator, gas range, microwave, two dishwashers, wine fridge, drip coffee makers, and ample counter space
- Breakfast table for 6 and two large dining room tables seats 20; both with ocean views
- Oversized great room with multiple couches and living areas allow room for large families to spread out
- Exterior spiral staircase connects the balcony with the pool deck while providing wonderful elevated views of the beach and reef
- Pool-level living area features a kitchenette with coffee center and microwave, dining table with seating for 6, plus a 75" LED TV for movies, games and sporting events
- Blue-Ray player and Apple TV included
- Laundry rooms upstairs and downstairs
- Complimentary WiFi
- 7-zone central air conditioning
- Heated pool set to 88 degrees; additional heat to 88-92 degrees available during winter months for $500/week surcharge
- Home security system available
- Small deposit safe for guest valuables
- Villa sleeps 20 guests; max 16 adults
A local professional property manager resides on-site in the small cottage near the gated entrance. Manager's cottage is heavily landscaped and separated from the villa. Close enough to reach out in case of emergency, but far enough away so as to respect your privacy.
*Note: Owner prefers Saturday-to-Saturday bookings unless otherwise pre-approved.
- Private Pool w/Optional Heat
- 2 Beach Hammocks
- 3 Paddle Boards
- Single & Tandem Kayaks
- Snorkel Masks & Life Vests
- 2 Outdoor Showers
- Corn Hole Set
- 7 Zone Central A/C
- 2 Large Flat Screen TVs
- SONOS Stereo System
- Blue-Ray Players & Apple TV
- Gourmet Kitchen & Appliances
- Coffee Center (2 Keurigs, 1 Nespresso Maker)
- Downstairs Kitchenette
- Propane BBQ
- Toddler Bed
- Crib & High Chair
- Booster Seat & Baby Gates
- Pack 'n Play, Sand Toys & Shovels
- Whole House Water Filtration System
- Small Deposit Safe & Home Security System
- 2 Laundry Rooms
- Linens, Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- No Pets Permitted
- No Smoking Allowed
- Off-Street Parking
- On Site Manager
Fischer's Reef is less than a mile east of the famous Rum Point Club and enjoys a sandy beach and excellent snorkeling within a protected marine park. No fishing is allowed within this protected habitat and guests are advised not to touch or disturb the coral reef. To avoid accidentally damaging the coral, we discourage the use of flippers when snorkeling.
The entire island is only 22 miles wide from west to east, so you are never too far from anywhere on Grand Cayman. The homes on the oceanfront in Rum Point offer great reef protected snorkeling. The beaches usually have plenty of white sand, but can also have spots of rocky “ironshore” with natural rock formations. The closer you get to Rum Point, usually the sandier the beach as well as swimming. Either way, with the abundant marine life we have in the water, you will want to wear foot protection (pool shoes only, no fins please!). The prevailing trade winds from the east also make flying insects less of a nuisance—many of the homes in Rum Point don’t even need a screened porch.
The big draw to this area is the proximity to the Rum Point Club, a public beach club that offers a fantastic barefoot beach, many water sports, a restaurant bar and grill, a gift shop and pick-up beach volleyball games. Also near Rum Point is the Kaibo Yacht Club restaurant, bar and marina.
Lastly, we have 2 large resorts in the east end (Morritt's and The Reef) that offer manicured beaches as well as restaurants, a modern grocery store, liquor store, gift shops, a Subway sandwich shop, and a cafe/pastry shop. These two resorts also offer scuba, snorkel trips, jet skis, windsurfing, kiteboarding, ocean front pools and bar service.
Silver Thatch Guest Services
New for 2018, Silver Thatch Guest Services is offered as an option for Fischer's Reef.
Guest may add-on Silver Thatch benefits below for a 10% service charge up to 30 days prior to arrival.
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- $150 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $2,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
|Jun 02, 2018||Aug 24, 2018||$2,400|
|Aug 25, 2018||Oct 26, 2018||$1,950|
|Oct 27, 2018||Nov 16, 2018||$2,100|
|Nov 17, 2018||Nov 23, 2018||$2,750|
|Nov 24, 2018||Dec 14, 2018||$2,500|
|Dec 15, 2018||Jan 04, 2019||$3,750|
|Jan 05, 2019||Mar 01, 2019||$2,500|
|Mar 02, 2019||Mar 29, 2019||$2,750|
|Mar 30, 2019||May 03, 2019||$2,500|
|May 04, 2019||May 31, 2019||$2,100|
|Jun 01, 2019||Aug 23, 2019||$2,400|
|Aug 24, 2019||Oct 25, 2019||$1,950|
|Oct 26, 2019||Nov 22, 2019||$2,100|
|Nov 23, 2019||Nov 29, 2019||$2,750|
|Nov 30, 2019||Dec 13, 2019||$2,500|
|Dec 14, 2019||Jan 03, 2020||$3,750|
|Jan 04, 2020||Mar 06, 2020||$2,500|
|Mar 07, 2020||Apr 03, 2020||$2,750|
|Apr 04, 2020||May 01, 2020||$2,500|
|May 02, 2020||Jun 05, 2020||$2,100|
|Jun 06, 2020||Aug 21, 2020||$2,400|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- OPTIONAL 10% Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership. The Guest Service Fee is capped at 7 days maximum for extended stays.
- Owner prefers Saturday arrivals unless otherwise pre-approved
- 5 nights minimum stay but 7 days preferred
- 7 nights minimum stay required over Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year's week
- Owner requires supplemental refundable $1,500 excess cleaning & damage deposit for artwork and furniture
- Must be 25 years or older to lease villa and must occupy the villa during the entire stay
Reviews of Fischer's Reef
17 user reviews.
Beautiful home and amenities!out of 5
Reviewed by ES on 07/01/2017
We stayed from July 1-8 and had a wonderful family vacation. The management company was great to work with at the time of booking, very responsive asking questions while we were preparing for our trip, and the on-site manager, Debbie, was so helpful and friendly during our stay. The house was very clean, well stocked, nicely decorated, and the pool and views cannot be beat! Would highly recommend this property! Thank you for everything!
Amazing family vacation!out of 5
Reviewed by Jake on 02/10/2017
This house is set up perfectly for large families with kids. We had 17 people: 10 kids from three to sixteen and seven adults. We had Cornhole games by the pool, reading in the Gazebo, good snorkeling off the beach, volleyball games at Rum Point, and lots of fun with the younger ones in the pool. Having two living areas made it great for those who were up early or wanted to stay up late. The managers were awesome. I would highly recommend this house. It is beautifully furnished as well but yet very livable.
Amazing propertyout of 5
Reviewed by Rocky on 06/18/2016
Spent a week at this property in June with my children and grandchildren. Could not have been more satisfied. The home is amazing, pool, right on the beach, clean and amazing on site property managers. The managers met us when we arrived, toured the house with us, provided us all necessary information and were there if anything else was needed. They live on the property but away and out of site of the house. They leave you to enjoy your time there and are there if needed. The location, near Rum Point, was perfect. Away from the city of Georgetown but only 20 minutes away. Highly recommend this home for a large family or group of friends.
Perfect Home!out of 5
Reviewed by Cobbs on 07/17/2016
Two families, total of 18 came to relax and enjoy each others company and catch up! This was the perfect home to do all of that and more. We all had a great time together. Never crowded. No better way to bring family together! Thank you!
5 Adults, 9 Cousins!out of 5
Reviewed by Haley on 06/30/2016
We had such a great time at Fischer's Reef! We all wanted to stay longer - but we will be back! It was the perfect home for the 14 of us. The pool was fantastic, the beach was awesome and snorkeling was amazing too! The home is large, new and well equipped. Had everything we needed. We went to Rum Point, Starfish Point and swam with the stingrays at Stingray City - all three are a must! We hd so much fun and highly recommend Fischers Reef to anyone thinking about renting this home. You will not be disappointed.Too nice a home to keep as our secret!!!
Highly Recommendout of 5
Reviewed by Rockford on 06/18/2016
The property is a first class vacation home geared to large groups. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Vacationed here with my entire family, a total of fifteen. The house was everything represented on HomeAway and more. Nothing was missed in making us feel welcome and at home. Private pool and beach added to the experience. I highly recommend the property.
Fun for the entire family!out of 5
Reviewed by Shea on 07/01/2016
We had such a great time t Fischers Reef! 5 adults and 9 cousins getting together for great memorable experience. The pool was great, we could stay in it all day. The beach was awesome and the snorkeling was amazing. We all wished we could have stayed longer... The house was just beautiful, every aspect. Lots of room and space for everyone. We went to Rum Point right down the road, rented jet skis and swam with stingrays! And Starfish Point was amazing too. Everything was perfect for our large family! We want to come back!
Great Home for Our Large Group!out of 5
Reviewed by Reyes on 04/23/2016
5 Families - 10 adults and 8 children! And we are still smiling and having fun at the end of our wonderful trip! Stingray City is a MUST, Red Sail charters were fantastic. Diving with Ocean Frontiers was great as was eating lunch at Big Tree Bar-B-Q! Oh and Oscar's tour of the Crystal Caverns was really fun! All wonderful memories. Perfect home for a large group! Enough space for everyone! Debbie and Kel really made up feel welcome and answered all of our questions!
Great Memoriesout of 5
Reviewed by Gloria on 06/04/2016
Large family vacation - Grand Parents, kids and spouses, grandchildren, aunt, uncle and nephew! Loved this house. Well equipped. Great memories we will cherish forever. Kids learned to snorkel right off the beach, loved the pool, great beach and location. Private yet close to Rum Point. Could not have asked for more!
PARADISE!out of 5
Reviewed by Robin on 01/01/1970
Fischers Reef was paradise to us and a much needed family vacation. We were blessed to have shared our vacation with family and friends! Highly recommended!
Lasting Memories!out of 5
Reviewed by Kelley on 06/18/2016
Fischers Reef was the perfect house for our family vacation. This was a beautiful location for otherwise separated - by - distance family to come enjoy some quality time together. The house amenities made us feel right at home and we have made lasting memories at Fischers Reef!
Absolutely Beautiful Home!out of 5
Reviewed by May on 11/28/2015
Our family, spread out over the US came to celebrate, catch up and create some wonderful memories and time together. The home was absolutely beautiful. Well equipped. Best vacation for all of us in a long time. Very accommodating home. What anyone would want in a vacation home!
Words Do No Justice!out of 5
Reviewed by Tina on 05/07/2016
This is the most amazing house! Has everything one could possibly need on vacay. Beautiful views, pool, beach, snorkeling, location, privacy, on and on. The two living areas are huge - everyone had room to relax without being on top of one another. If you are planning a trip to Grand Cayman with a large group, I strongly suggest you look them up!
Simply Amazingout of 5
Reviewed by Crystal on 05/21/2016
This house was simply amazing - we loved EVERY minute of our time here. Highly recommend staying here. I am sure that when we return to Grand Cayman with the family we will stay here again. Its a beautiful home and with 7 adults and 5 kids we never felt crowded. Beautiful view of the pool and great pool!
Perfect vacation for a large family or group of friendsout of 5
Reviewed by Nicole on 03/22/2016
We stayed at Fischers Reef for a week this past March and it was perfect for a family trip. The home is beautiful and extremely spacious. We had 7 adults and 3 kids and had everything and so much more than what we needed for the entire week (from kayaks and other water activities to pool toys and children's necessities) . Debbie was extremely accommodating, going above and beyond standard property manager duties. We hope to stay here again in the future!
Absolutely Unbelievable!!!!!!out of 5
Reviewed by Nicki on 05/27/2016
What a wonderful home! An extremely well thought out floor plan. We stayed w/3 other couples & had plenty of room to spread out (hide) or be close to all. Everything you could possible think of is already there. Kayak, snorkel, swim in the sea/pool, or relax in the hammocks. Catch a sunrise or watch the stars. Grill out, bake, or take a quick trip to Rum Point/town for dining. Don't forget to take in some sightseeing too! Don't bring a thing except your clothes (optional) & smiles! Love, love, love this home! Had an absolute blast!
Spectacular!out of 5
Reviewed by Scott on 11/28/2015
Spectacular home with outstanding Caribbean views from every room. Well appointed, well maintained and relaxing. A quick drive to Rum Point and other Cayman attractions. This home is better than described. Looking forward to a return visit.