Cos Kai - Cayman Kai
Welcome to Cos Kai. This two-story luxury villa is a great family or multiple-couple villa choice offering amazing sunsets and barefoot swimming from a palm-shaded beach. Boasting over 6,000 sq. ft., Cos Kai is only a 5-minute walk from the Kaibo Yacht Club to the south and a 10-minute walk to the Rum Point Club to the north. Chances are you will not see a soul on your beach the entire stay!
From the moment you enter the heavily landscaped carpark, Cos Kai welcomes you to a luxurious private enclave on the Caribbean Sea. Mature palms, ferns and ornamental shrubbery evoke a tropical feel before you even enter the front door. Once you enter, your eyes are drawn through the living room's 16 foot wall of windows and out to the white sand beach and shimmering calm blue water. The palm-shaded barefoot beach is dotted with 6 lounge chairs, a hammock, an outdoor shower, a private dock, plus an outdoor dining set and propane grill for beach cookouts.
Cos Kai’s Unique Features
- Stunning sunsets! Cos Kai is fantastically located with unbeatable views of the azure waters of the Caribbean. Facing Northwest, Cos Kai sunsets are truly breath-taking.
- Only rental villa in Cayman Kai with a 1,000 sq ft oceanfront screened veranda
- Fully functioning bar on the veranda with stainless steel fridge, ice-maker, sink, and white marble countertop
- The owners request you not smoke in this screened entertaining area.
- Silver Thatch stand up paddleboards (SUPs) on premises for discounted rental—waiver required*
- A fully equipped gourmet kitchen with pass-thru to the screened veranda, a breakfast bar, high-end stainless steel appliances, and granite counter tops.
- Media room with 50” flat screen TV with cable programming, DVDs, CDs, board games, and a home audio system with connectivity to your devices.
- Multiple oceanfront sliding glass doors provides a pleasant cross-breeze through screened openings.
- Integrated loud-speaker system on the ground floor and veranda provides mellow background to peaceful airy living.
- Exquisite high-end furniture, travertine and bamboo floors, granite counter tops and high end appliances ensure that your every need is met.
- Dedicated laundry room with 2 washers and 2 dryers
- Wooden internal shutters and black-out drapes ensure a perfect nights’ sleep.
- High-thread count Egyptian cotton linens, luxury towels, toiletries, and beach towels all provided.
Main Level Bedding
- Suite #1 - A soft green oceanfront king master suite for 2 with ensuite bath and direct access to the screened veranda.
- Suite #2 - A double-queen suite with garden views and ensuite bath for 2-4 guests. Comes with a twin sofa bed for an additional guest.
Upper Level Bedding
- Suite #3 - A soft blue oceanfront king master suite with ensuite bath and queen sofa bed for an extra 2 guests. This room has its own screened balcony with lounge chairs.
- Bedroom #4 - Bunk room with new twin-over-full bunk beds and a new crib. Room also doubles as a library, with a selection of books to choose from.
- Grand Master Suite #5 - Enormous oceanfront king master suite with separate sitting area and brunch nook with fridge, ice-maker and coffee machine.
- Furnished with queen sofa bed for 2 additional guests. Suite comes equipped with flat-screen TV with Bose surround sound DVD Player, a large walk-in closet, a private balcony, a partially covered sun-deck, a private ensuite bath with stunning walk-in shower with ocean views.
Two configurations available for guest rentals:
(A) Full 5 bedroom house with sofa beds: sleeping between 10 and 15 guests with a maximum of 10 adults
(B) Full 5 bedroom house without sofa beds: sleeping a maximum of 10 persons at a lower rate.
Housekeeping or nanny service is available at an extra cost for a minimum of 4 hours. Services arranged directly with on-island property manager and paid directly to the maid or nanny on the day of service.
Hosting special events can be accommodated. There will be an event fee and supplemental refundable damage deposits required by the owners.
*2 Silver Thatch stand up paddleboards (SUPs) located on property for discounted guest rental. 5 day minimum required with 6th and 7th day free: US$39 per day per SUP, $195 per week.
- Barefoot Beach
- Private Boat Dock
- Screened Veranda with Bar
- Outdoor Shower
- Six-Zone Central A/C
- Flat Screen TVs
- Cable TV
- Media Room
- Bose Audio System
- Intercom System
- Modern Kitchen
- Gourmet Appliances
- Granite Countertops
- Breakfast Bar
- 3 Ice Machines
- Keurig Coffee Maker
- Krups Drip Coffee Maker
- Propane Grill
- Krups Drip Coffee Maker
- Double Walk-In Shower with Ocean Views
- Crib Available
- Walking Distance to Restaurants
- Adjacent to Bio-Luminescent Bay
- Home Security System
- 2 Full Washer & Dryers
- Luxe Linens Provided
- Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- No Pets Permitted
- No Smoking Allowed
- Off-street Parking
- 2 SUPs for Hire
Cos Kai enjoys a beautiful barefoot white sand beach and northwestern sunset views facing the Stingray Sandbar. One can walk barefoot all the way down to Starfish point about a mile away. The Kaibo is only 300 yards from the house and an excellent place to grab a morning coffee, casual lunch, or elegant dinner in their upstairs dining area. The Kaibo also has a marina and is where many private charters will collect guests for private deep-sea fishing trips, snorkel safaris, or charters to Stingray City.
Silver Thatch Guest Services
For arrivals beginning January 8, 2018 that have paid the guest service fee:
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited Use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest discount card
- $150 Discount for Silver Thatch Charter stingray snorkel
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, reservation assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP ($ fee charged by CAA)
- Special event and dinner reservations
- Complimentary snorkel gear, pack-n-plays, booster seats, and baby gates for check out
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in (if no check-out on same day)
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Coordinate private chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photographer
- $2,500 of Villa Accidental Damage Protection
- 2 stand up paddleboards (SUPs) available at discounted rates; minimum 5 day rental with 6th & 7th day free!
|Apr 16, 2018||Dec 15, 2018||$1,200|
|Dec 16, 2018||Jan 06, 2019||$2,500|
|Jan 07, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||$1,650|
Small Group Weekly Rate
(10 Guests Max)
|Apr 16 - Dec 15||$6,650|
|Dec 16 - Jan 6||N/A|
|Jan 7 - Apr 14||$8,925|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership
- Owner requires a refundable cleaning and damages deposit of $2,500.
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy rate required over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's week.
- 10 adults maximum.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
- Owner requests guests do not smoke inside the house or on the screened porch.
Reviews of Cos Kai
10 user reviews.
Above and Beyond!!!!out of 5
Reviewed by Jessica on 07/22/2017
We had six adults and seven children in this home and we all fit so comfortably! It was very clean when we arrived and the house manager was always just a phone call away if we needed anything. The house was fully stocked so not much was needed! The view and location is amazing! Gorgeous sunsets every single night, kayak rides to bio luminescent bay, a fifteen minute beach walk to Star Fish Point, and nice running paths for my early morning runs! Close to Kaibo Marina and Rum Point beach! So many memories made and loved our stay at Cos Kai! Perfect house for a week of family fun!
Great Week at Cos Kaiout of 5
Reviewed by Tom on 07/01/2017
We just returned after spending seven great days at Cos Kai. The house is very well maintained and is just as beautiful as the pictures. The entire management team was great to work with. Pam, the property manager, made sure we had everything we needed to have a great time. There were eight of us. My wife and I, our four adult children, and two friends. We had plenty of room, and it never felt crowded. The beds are very comfortable, linens are of high quality, and the furniture is very nice. The screened in porch is very large and a beautiful place to eat and relax. The owner just added three high quality outdoor couches that are very comfortable. We spent a lot of time there taking in the incredible water view and enjoying great family time. The house has double washers and dryers, three coffee makers plus a Keurig, multiple ice makers, a large refrigerator/freezer, outdoor bar refrigerator, and more kitchen supplies and spices than the normal home. It is very well equipped. We used the grill to BBQ almost every day. It's a good size and in very good condition. We arranged two boat charters with Silver Thatch Charters, and pre-ordered a stand up paddle board and float from the rental company, empty suitcases. I recommend both of these companies. The house comes with a couple of kayaks and some floats, however if you have a large group, you may want more toys. The water is very calm which is great for floating! I would recommend people consider water shoes to protect your feet from shells and sea life when walking in the water. When we booked this trip, we were looking for a luxurious home with a lot of privacy. This house exceeded our expectations.
Cos Kai is beautiful, we\'ll stocked and comfortable.out of 5
Reviewed by Cherrie on 06/24/2017
We loved Cos Kai. We used all 5 bedrooms and each was cool and comfortable. The kitchen was the best we have ever had in a rental. The 2 ice makers and refrigerators were wonderful.The beach and water were just as in the photos. Rum Point and Kaibo were very close and we enjoyed both, especially the Beach BBQ at Kaibo. Claudia was very helpful with her answers to our questions and her suggestions. We developed a problem with the A.C. in one of the bedrooms and she had someone there to fix it first thing the next morning. Eddie doing our grocery shopping was great. There were 11 of us and we had plenty of room to gather. We definitely recommend Cos Kai.
Great!out of 5
Reviewed by TH on 03/04/2017
Our stay at Cos Kai was wonderful. We had 13 people including 6 kids with enough room for all of us. It is a quite location with Rum Point and Kaibo restaurant walking distance from the house. The Red Sail Sting Ray City tour out of Rum Point was fun and convenient. Claudia the manager was very helpful with any questions we had including pre ordering food to be delivered to the house. We came in late on Saturday the house was stocked with our pre ordered food which was helpful to not have to go out and shop. The house itself is very well kept and clean. Our overall experience was great.
Beautiful home in paradise!out of 5
Reviewed by A.B. on 01/03/2017
We loved our stay at Cos Kai! The layout was perfect for our family of grown children. We spent most of our time in the back porch area. Perfect for morning breakfast and evening card games! The hosts were very attentive and made sure everything was perfect for our stay. The Rum Point area is the quieter side of the island and we enjoyed it. Close walking distance to a couple of restaurants. Beautiful snorkeling. We couldn't have asked for anything better! We will be back again.
Unbelievable Oceanfront Experience. One of a Kind Location!out of 5
Reviewed by JT on 10/08/2016
Cos Kai is stunning. The house is BIG. We had a family of 12 with everyone in beds and plenty of room. And no tripping over each other in the evenings. Its spacious and comfortable. But the back of the house is the true gem. Awesome screened in porch that seats everyone. Big dining table to eat at. Then you go outside and enjoy your own personal beach with water as calm as a swimming pool. We had windy, stormy days a few times during our trip...it never made the water even ripple behind our house. It's THE best beach experience for kids of all ages and grown ups who like to swim or relax on a floaty like you're in a swimming pool. And Pam, the house manager, is on the spot to help you with anything you may need. Just a great experience.
Thank you for your kind words JT. Cos Kai IS a one of a kind home. Ant the screened porch you mention is a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy the afternoon! The interior is stunning from the fine Italian linens and towels to the gourmet's dream kitchen! Such an honor to be able to rent this home for the owners. Every detail proves their love and affection for their home! Please come again and mention Cos Kai to your friends! --Scott
Blissful 5 daysout of 5
Reviewed by Sarah on 08/15/2016
The perfect family getaway - stunning location, tastefully furnished, plenty of room. We had to tear ourselves away at the end feeling very relaxed and regenerated. We would go again without hesitation.
“A true isalnd getaway with just the right amount of comfort and privacy without feeling isolated.”out of 5
Reviewed by David S on 01/09/2016
Our stay at Cos Kai could not have been better. The booking process was easy and seamless. For some reason we felt more comfortable dealing with a company based out of Richmond. Everything was answered quickly and accurately. The property itself was one of the first places that the actual house was better than the pictures which were thorough and professionally taken. It was beautifully designed and furnished. We all truly felt we were staying in a friend’s home. Cooking there was a pleasure, easy and fun because we had everything we needed. Several of us had to work while there and since it was so spacious and comfortable it made work seem like play. Our dinners were wonderful family events that none of us will forget. I cannot think of a single shortcoming. Our on-island property managers were the home owners. They were both perfectly wonderful people. My only regret is that I didn’t have the opportunity to meet either one in person. Claudia was so helpful and accommodating beforehand in the planning. We wanted to have a cook come in one evening for a birthday celebration and Claudia recommended the perfect chef and hostess. It was actually the best meal we had on the island. We had a small problem with the shower and they had someone out there to fix it that day. The neighbors were wonderful and it was clear they all looked out for each other. The house amenities were everything we wanted. We never turned a television on but if we were so inclined there were plenty. The house sound system was awesome and the ocean kayaks were used daily. The house wifi was crucial for calling, data and emails. We had to at least sound concerned while having breakfast on the beach during the largest snowstorms to hit the east coast in decades. Other than a couple of trips to grocery stores and airport we stayed at Cos Kai which was exactly what we wanted to do. We could not recommend it more.
“PERFECT PLACE”out of 5
Reviewed by isithim47 on 12/05/2015
We recently stayed at Cos Kai, and it was by far the best rental we have had in our yearly Cayman vacations! We had to families of 4, with 4 kids under the age of 4. The home was perfect as my family stayed on the 2nd floor, and the other family stayed on the 1st floor. We had plenty of space, and the beach was perfect for our children. The location is also perfect as we could walk to Rum Point or Kaibo Yacht Club. It was truly a home away from home as we had no needs the entire time that we were there. Claudia was even kind enough to help us find a reliable sitter for one of the evenings, so that we could go out to dinner. Great stay, we already looking forward to next year’s trip!!
“Paradise on Earth”out of 5
Reviewed by svrich99 on 08/08/2015
We decided to escape the crowds in Europe this summer and it was the best decision we made for our holidays ever! We absolutely loved our time in Cos Kai in idyllic Grand Cayman. The house is huge and exquisitely furnished. All rooms are very spacious and airy. All very elegant, yet practical. We had everything we could wish for to make our stay relaxing and comfortable, from the appliances to the very comfortable beds. A big hit for us and our kids was the outdoor areas. We dined alfresco everyday in the enormous varanda and loved watching the sunset from there (there is a bar area) or from the beach and pier. Our 9 and 6 year-olds had a ball jumping from the pier into the warm Caribbean sea. They repeatedly spotted some "residents" under the pier: a cute family of Angel Fish and a lobster!! The house is very close to restaurants in Kaibo and Rum Point, where we hang out when we felt like socialising. I would highly recommend Cos Kai!