5BR-Cayman Castle - East End
5BR Luxury Cayman Castle is directly oceanfront on a private 2-acre gated and walled estate on an elevated point of land and enjoys a private wide white-sand beach with excellent snorkeling and sunbathing. Infinity pool, multi-tiered oceanfront terraces, panoramic roofed balconies and a covered first floor veranda provide guests plenty of room for spreading out, dining or enjoying the views; shaded or in the sun. Cayman Castle can also be rented with the optional 2BR Castle Guesthouse, which sleeps an additional 6 people (4 adults max).
This grand estate is not only one of the largest rental villas on the entire island; it also is a notable landmark. Virtually anyone on the island will know of the Castle in the East End. While we are neighbors to the Wreck of The 10 Sails Park and police constable's residence; this property enjoys no residential neighbors to the north for 500 feet or to the south for another 500 feet. With the gate shut in the evenings; guests enjoy their privacy.
The owner maintains the property quite well; making upgrades every fall to keep the experience not only refreshing and pleasant for the repeat guests, but for newcomers to Cayman Castle as well.
Cayman Castle’s Unique Features:
- A gorgeous, oceanfront infinity pool (pool heated to 84 winter).
- (3) thatched beach palapas, (4) kayaks, and walking distance to Ocean Frontiers dive shop (as well as 3 lunch/dinner spots) make this home a convenient villa choice for a larger family.
- Custom 17-foot mosaic dining table on the main porch seats 18 easily and offers panoramic views while you dine.
- A flight of stone steps from the pool deck take you past the adirondacks and loungers on the sunny patio and down to the water, where guests can enjoy excellent snorkeling or kayaking. A healthy marine ecosystem awaits your discovery—so we ask that you wear pool shoes or fins when you to exploring!
- Stainless steel propane BBQ cooking center with granite top
- Private driveway, so there’s plenty of off-street parking for guests.
- Lounge chaises and outdoor sectionals on the pool decks, porches and balconies so guests can relax in style
- Gorgeous, third-floor oceanfront master King suite with private balcony, panoramic views, and enormous walk-in shower
- King and Queen suite on second floor. Sleeper sofa in the second floor Queen Suite for small children only.
- Queen suite and separate bunk room (four bunks) on first floor. The first floor Queen suite offers a private exterior entrance with seating and TV.
- Kitchen, dining and living area are all oceanfront on the second floor, offering lovely views through the multiple sliding glass doors that lead to the main level porch and outdoor dining
- The fully modern kitchen features double ovens, dishwasher, refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, Keurig coffeemaker, kitchenmaid mixer, Bunn drip coffeemaker tons of counter space, and bar seating for six
- Indoor dining for six
- Comfortable living area with very large flatscreen TV for unwinding after a day of sun and surf
- Bar area adjacent to the lower level pool deck
- Dishes, utensils, glassware, and cookware provided
Cayman Castle also makes an intimate wedding venue for small ceremonies. Owner requests no invited guests, limited to 18 guests total.
- Villa-Private Pool
- Gated Privacy
- Snorkeling Reef
- White Sand Beach
- Plasma TVs
- Villa-Pool Heater
- Apple TV (3)
- Central A/C
- Ceiling Fans
- Infinity Pool
- Propane Grill
- Satellite TV
- Keurig Coffee Maker
- Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- No Pets Permitted
- No Smoking
- Ice Coolers
- Hair Dryers
Cayman Castle sits on a 2 acre gated estate in "Gun Bay" in East End; adjacent to 6 acres of government land that includes the "Wreck of the 10 Sails" park and the East End Constable's residence & office. 2-3 lunch places are within walking distance and Tukka Restaurant is only a mile north. Two miles north are the 2 large resorts www.thereef.com and www.morritts.com where they maintain manicured beaches, pools, restaurants, bars and watersports. Those resorts are great places to entertain older kids and for anyone to spend the day.
The beach at the Castle is white sand and is quite private. We have three thatched palapas, 4 kayaks and 6 lounge chaises on the beach. Most folks will spend the day sunning around the pool; but we offer the beach option too. The water is more snorkeling than swimming here...it is a marine environment and we recommend pool shoes or fins. You can walk down our stairs on the point to sit down and put on your fins as well. We have a great snorkeling site straight out 200 yds from the castle...marked with a white PVC pole. You may also tie up the kayaks to that pole as well
Silver Thatch Guest Services
For arrivals beginning January 8, 2018 that have paid the guest service fee:
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited Use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest discount card
- $150 Discount for Silver Thatch Charter stingray snorkel
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors and reservation assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP (fee charged by CAA)
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, and baby gates
- Complimentary early check-in (if no check-out on same day)
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Coordinate private chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photographer
- $2,500 of Villa Accidental Damage Protection
|Jan 07, 2018||Apr 15, 2018||$1,850|
|Apr 16, 2018||Dec 15, 2018||$1,350|
|Dec 16, 2018||Jan 06, 2019||$3,250|
|Jan 07, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||$1,850|
|Apr 15, 2019||Dec 15, 2019||$1,350|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership
- 20% Discount for September - October bookings
- 7 nights minimum stay required
- Owner requires a refundable cleaning and damages deposit of $500
- Rental of 2BR guesthouse required: early March - mid-April; June, July & August; Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's week
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay
- Weddings limited to guests staying at the house; no invited guests at owner's request
Reviews of 5BR-Cayman Castle
9 user reviews.
Birthday Tripout of 5
Reviewed by Dan on 09/24/2016
We were a group of 10 adults, no kids who rented the castle to celebrate our mile stone birthdays. If you are looking to go off the grid this is the place for you. We were far from the hustle and bustle of seven mile beach. We spent nearly every day floating in the pool and enjoying the amazing water view. Other then scuba diving there is not much to do on the east end of the island - which was perfectly fine with us. The castle did not disappoint. It is equipped with everything you would need for a comfortable stay. It was very clean and is just as gorgeous in person as it appears in the pictures on vrbo.
Perfect Getaway for Large Family or Group of Friendsout of 5
Reviewed by Bryan on 12/21/2015
From start to finish this vacation couldn't have been more seamless. Everyone at Grand Cayman Villas was super helpful months prior to our arrival in ensuring we were set up with everything we needed from car rentals to groceries arriving at the house before we got there. They have a very user friendly app that gives you access to literally every little thing you will need while vacationing and lets you do what you are actually there for...RELAXATION! Beautiful house, amazing service and a definite MUST if you are vacationing in Grand Cayman!
Wonderful family vacationout of 5
Reviewed by John on 01/16/2016
This is our second trip to Cayman Castle. We take the family to the Caribbean every other year. The grandkids age one to fifteen requested we return to Cayman Castle. This is our sixth trip and the first time there was a request to go back to the same place.!
Amazing and Enchantingout of 5
Reviewed by Laura on 03/25/2016
Cayman Castle is an excellent home! We were extremely happy with the property. The amenities were amazing with high end furnishings , great linens, plenty of beach towels, everything we could want!The kitchen is nicely equipped - there wasn't anything we felt we needed during our stay. The booking process with Grand Cayman Villas was no fuss. Any questions we had were answered right away. We never wanted to leave the Castle because it was so enchanting. We did go to Rum Point beach a few times to enjoy the wonderful water and cocktails.
Simply Phenominalout of 5
Reviewed by Garrett on 06/04/2016
Our stay in the caymans castle and guesthouse was simply phenomenal. everything is even better than the pictures. the house has everything that you need or could want. from a FULLY stocked kitchen to additional supplies...you'll want for nothing. our chef found everything in great order and great supply. the infinity edge pool is great for lounging and taking in the scenery as well as the multiple patios. with 12 adults we never felt like we were on top of each other because the property is incredibly spacious. we did not want to leave and are already planning our return. the entire process from reservation to check in was incredibly smooth. guests are strongly encouraged to rent a vehicle.there's a mini grocery store about 10 minutes away as well as a liquor store. in addition we discovered the italian kitchen which opens at 5 daily and will deliver to the castle. we are fortunate and blessed to have stayed in the castle. special thanks to the entire grand cayman villas team.
Highly Recommend!out of 5
Reviewed by Road Crew on 10/10/2015
Our trip to the Cayman Castle was incredible. If you value your privacy and space, I don't think you will find a better place on the island. My wife and I, plus our 5 kids aged 9-16, plus my parents in their early 70's stayed at the Castle for one week. There was plenty of space for all of us, and none of us wanted to leave at the end!There are so many areas to enjoy on the property it was almost hard to find time to enjoy them all within a week. The kitchen is large and very nice to cook in. We found it much more convenient to prepare our own meals than to eat out. We didn't want to leave the house! The house sits on a point and has more than 180 degree views that never get old. The rooms were very comfortable and the house was well decorated.The property's kayaks were also a huge hit - we used them every day to explore the ocean in front of the house. If you are ambitious, there are some amazing snorkel spots that are a ways out.We also enjoyed the incredible close proximity of the Ocean Frontiers Dive Shop. We booked snorkeling and diving trips with them, as well as a trip to Sting Ray City. The dive shop is top notch!We started our trip at the Ritz Carlton on 7 mile beach for one night, then spent a week at the Castle, then spent one more night on 7 mile beach at the Marriott. We found it interesting to compare the hotel style vacation on 7 mile beach with the private home style vacation on the east end. And while the hotels were very nice, they did not compare in any way to our stay at the castle. We want to go back and do it all over again! It was a perfect vacation.
House, property and location were phenomenal!out of 5
Reviewed by Bob H on 08/15/2015
We had a great time. The house was unique and suited our needs. It was in excellent condition and everything worked well. We had no issues. The booking was easy and understandable. The directions and operations of the house were clear and precise. We didn’t need the on island manager, so no feedback there. I have no recommendations on improvement, just keep up the good work. If I had a property in the area, I would hire your to manage and promote it.Bobby Harrell5 of 5 starsEase of booking 5 of 5 starsDirections to the property 5 of 5 starsKey pickup/access to the property 5 of 5 starsOverall condition 5 of 5 starsQuality of bedding/mattresses 5 of 5 starsKitchen/utensils quality 5 of 5 starsCleanliness of bathroom 5 of 5 starsQuality of facilities/amenities 5 of 5 starsService Liked best: House location and layout were special Liked least: nothing Traveling group: Extended Family Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend? Yes. Recommended for: Large groups The property was "as advertised". I recommend the location. The property was a good value for the price paid. The property provided wifi/internet access. My security deposit was returned on time.
What a wonderful weekout of 5
Reviewed by Graham on 02/20/2016
After a week of debating between hotels or homes and which side of the island we chose to stay at the Cayman castle. We were concerned about not staying on the tourist side of the island, and difference in beaches but after spending time on both sides we were very pleased with our decision. 3 decks/balconies, pool, gorgeous sitting area in shade by pool we had quite the relaxing time on property, never wanted for anything. I was beyond impressed with the professionalism and thoroughness of the management company. Between the app and staff I had all the information to be prepared for my trip. While there were only two of us, there was plenty of room for 5 couples or children. Home is gorgeous with the right balance of island décor and modern amenities. Restaurants and areas of interest were more enjoyable on this side of the island, we prefer to understand the charm of an island over visiting a Margaritaville. Will be going back again and probably bring a few other friends. Highly recommend for a vacation or special event
Fantastic vacation from start to finishout of 5
Reviewed by Stan on 08/24/2013
The Cayman Castle and Guesthouse lives up to it's name. The villa and guest house were in immaculate condition and the location can't be beat. Anytime we visited somewhere else on the island; we couldn't wait to get back to the Castle. If you're looking for a vacation away from the hustle and bustle of Grand Cayman's west side and don't mind driving, this is it. From the gorgeous interior, to the pools and view, the snorkeling right down the steps, to the local restaurants, catering and great dive shop (within walking distance) . . .this is paradise! In addition, Jim and staff were always very responsive, helpful and all of their recommendations were top notch! We received incredible catering service and the best meal we had on the island from Sean and team at Mis en Place. Tukka's also took great care of us the night we arrived and we ate there a few more times during our stay. I also recommend Upstairs at Kaibo and The Italian Kitchen. The staff at Ocean Frontier's took great care of all the Divers in our group. Lastly, if you need non-emergency medical care like we did, I highly recommend the Chrissie Tomlinson clinic in Savannah, Countryside Shopping Center. Book the Castle, you won't regret it.