Great Bluff Estates - East End
10% New Listing Discount Expires December 15, 2018
Welcome to Great Bluff Estates, a gated oceanfront villa with pool set into the bluffs of Grand Cayman’s Northside. This recently renovated 5-6 bedroom home offers a large family all they could want from excellent snorkeling steps off the backyard to a stunning elevated sundeck and freshwater pool.
The curb appeal of Great Bluff Estates includes a cobalt-blue tiled roof, bright white stucco exterior and a terra cotta circular driveway that can easily accommodate multiple rental vehicles. The home offers multiple oceanfront decks and balconies, 2 tiers of terraced artificial grass near the shoreline, two cabanas, and a new concrete ocean path entrance. The beach here is naturally pebbly, so the owner maintains a raked sandy area for water access.
Snorkeling here is amazingly diverse due to very few homes in the area and very few people in the water on a given day. We tend to see spotted eagle rays, octopus, lobster, eels and, of course, many juvenile fish inhabiting the coral heads. There is also rarely any current in the waters here.
Slightly lower rate for 10 maximum not using the first floor den sleeper sofa.
Great Bluff Estate's Unique Features
- Dramatic two-story vaulted great room with exceptional elevated ocean views
- Multiple decks and verandas overlooking the water
- Glass-railed decks preserve the exquisite panoramic views of the Caribbean
- Terraced landscaping to the sea with sun chaises and 2 tandem kayaks for discounted hire
- Gourmet kitchen with modern appliances
- Three indoor dining areas: formal dining room seats 10, casual dining area seats 6, and a breakfast nook seats 4
- Multiple beverage refrigerators, wine chillers, and wet bars
- Thatched cabana with propane fire pit for sunset viewings
- Sun-filled 2-story foyer opens to a multi-windowed great room with vaulted ceilings and panoramic ocean views
- Open-concept great room features an oceanfront sunroom with sliding doors to the tiled deck overlooking the pool.
- Tiled deck furnished with large sectional sofa with shade
- Large flat screen TV with cable programming, Apple TV, and DVD Player
- Large kitchen with expansive views and outdoor grilling gazebo with propane grill and outdoor dining table.
- East wing offers a queen suite towards the front of the villa and an oceanfront den with queen sleeper sofa and shared bath
- West wing offers a full queen suite, laundry room, and powder room
- East wing has 2 queen suites: one with garden views, and one ocean views
- Master king suite spans over 1,500 sq. ft. across the entire west wing and includes: a parlor area with large flat screen TV, cable programming and Apple TV; small study with desk; and ensuite bath with tub and separate shower
- Second floor oceanfront balcony connects master king and oceanfront queen suite with sliding doors.
- Large freshwater oceanfront pool with elevated views
- Covered veranda with sink, fridge and counter space.
- Large full bathroom with shower
- Patio seating, lounge chaises, hammock and family-style dining table.
- Stairs to sea terraces and beach
- Multiple landscaped terraces for sun bathing
- Thatched gazebo with small propane fire pit table
- New concrete path to the water's edge
- 2 Silver Thatch tandem kayaks on premises for discounted rental (waiver required)*
- Manicured sandy beach area
Guests at Great Bluff Estates can relax in ultimate privacy while being conveniently located within 10-15 minutes of 5 restaurants and another 5 casual island lunch spots. Some restaurants even offer door-to-door complimentary shuttle service! Two large resorts with manicured beaches, scuba diving, water sports, gift shops, grocery store, plus a wine and spirits store are a short 5 minute drive away.
* 2 Silver Thatch tandem kayaks located on property for discounted guest rental; minimum 5 day rental with 6th & 7th day free!—US$39 per day per kayak, $195/week.
- Gated Estate
- Excellent Snorkeling
- Oceanfront Pool
- Elevated Sundeck
- Outdoor Grilling Cabana
- Thatched Cabana
- Tiered Oceanfront Decks
- Grassy Sunbathing Terraces
- Covered Veranda
- Poolside Wet Bar
- Outdoor Full Bath
- Vaulted Great Room
- Central A/C
- Multiple Flat Screen TVs
- Cable TV
- Apple TV
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Linens Provided
- Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- Home Security System Optional
- No Pets Permitted
- No Smoking Allowed
- Off-Street Parking
- 2 Tandem Kayaks for Hire
The beach behind Great Bluff Estates is both pebbly and sandy. It is by no means a barefoot beach as the beach here is reef protected which creates a marine environment of corals and grasses for all of our marine life to live in! Please wear pool shoes or swim fins when in the water and be mindful not to damage the corals.
The snorkeling here is superb, as there are never many snorkelers in the water to spook the rays, tarpon, grouper, juvenile schools, etc. We often see eagle rays swimming by from the pool deck...as well as lines of squid out near the reef.
If you want a barefoot beach for swimming, we have two large resorts in the east end only 10 minutes from us that are both open to the public, have restaurants, bars, watersports, etc.
Silver Thatch Guest Services
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island Guest Services & Welcome Center
- Unlimited use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer, scanner, & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest Discount Card
- $150 discount towards a Silver Thatch stingray/snorkel charter
- Complimentary use of snorkel equipment
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, guest services desk assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP Process (fee charged by CAA)
- Special event/dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in, if no check out on same day
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $2,500 of Accidental Villa Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, & baby gates
- 2 tandem kayaks available at discounted rates; minimum 5 days with 6th & 7th day free!
|Apr 16, 2018||Dec 15, 2018||$1,425|
|Dec 16, 2018||Jan 06, 2019||$3,250|
|Jan 07, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||$1,950|
|Apr 15, 2019||Dec 15, 2019||$1,425|
|Dec 16, 2019||Jan 05, 2020||$3,250|
|Jan 06, 2020||Apr 14, 2020||$1,950|
Smaller Group Rates
5 Bedrooms - Den Not Included
(10 Guests Max)
|Apr 16 - Dec 15||$1,325|
|Dec 16 - Jan 6||N/A|
|Jan 7 - Apr 14||$1,850|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership. Guest Service Fee is capped at 7 days maximum for extended stays.
- 5 night minimum stay required
- 7 night minimum stay required over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's week
- Owner requires a refundable $1,500 cleaning and damages deposit
- Minimum 25 years or older to lease villa and must occupy the home during entire stay
- No weddings or events please
Reviews of Great Bluff Estates
4 user reviews.
Our Most Amazing Visit to Grand Cayman Yetout of 5
Reviewed by Jeff on 07/28/2018
On the North Side, we have stayed at several properties – Great Bluff Estates is the absolute best place we have stayed, hands down. Booking through Grand Cayman Villas was very easy and they provided an abundance of information leading up to our stay. The property manger (Ms. Spence) was accommodating for delivery of food and spirits to the house on the day of our arrival. She was present when the first of our 9-group party arrived at the house and provided them with a tour of the property and overview of the amenities. She was also available by text and phone if any problems arose during the week; however, we never needed to contact her. Great Bluff Estates is an amazing house and we were all sad to leave after our week-long stay. The home is relatively new and expansive, with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. The kitchen is a chef’s dream given the quality and availability of cookware and cutlery. Family meals at the massive dining table were a real treat that inspired many memorable conversations. The couches in the Family Room were extremely comfortable and It felt as if there was enough seating to accommodate twice the number of people we had. The outdoor spaces this house has to offer are truly amazing. The pool tended to be the major point of congregation during the week. The rubble beach and waves breaking on the reef in the distance suggested excellent snorkeling and Great Bluff Estates did not disappoint. Don’t pass up the rocking chairs in the cabana just off the beach. It is the perfect place for a heartfelt conversation or consumption of a good book. During our stay we enjoyed diving with White Sand Water Sports. If you stay here you must eat at Kaibo (both downstairs and upstairs) as well as Tukka. Call ahead for Kaibo (upstairs) and Tukka. Red Sail Sports never fails for Stingray City, but you may get a more intimate outing with White Sand Water Sports. Also, don’t miss the blow holes and the botanical gardens while you are on the East Side.
Absolutely perfect!out of 5
Reviewed by Jana on 06/03/2018
Every detail of this home is perfect. The views, the layout, the kitchen, the location.. Twelve of us enjoyed every second of our week in Great Bluff Estates. The views are spectacular. The outdoor areaS are phenomenal. The pool is perfect. And the house is definitely made to feel like HOME! Every detail is taken care of. And Angella was great! She checked on us several times to make sure we had everything/anything we needed! It’s a great location, away from the hustle of Seven Mile, but minutes away from Rum Point and Kaibo (which we thoroughly enjoyed!) and several excellent restaurants a short drive away! We wanted to stay longer! (And plan on doing so next time!)
Absolutely Perfectout of 5
Reviewed by M.K. on 03/24/2018
We stayed at Great Bluff Estate for Spring Break with our family of 10 beginning March 24. Words can not begin to describe this property. Understanding it was a new renovation home, our expectations included having minor issues - and we had none. Smooth week as can be. The checkin process was seamless and the home was immaculate. You can tell the owners take great pride in the home. The moment you walk into the home you are awed by the size of the living area and the ocean views! The kitchen was stocked with all cooking needs, the furniture throughout the home was comfortable and tasteful. The bedrooms were larger than we expected, plush, quiet and private. The exterior patios overlooking the ocean are massive. Views from several locations - balconies, decks, gazebos, pool! Just eye popping pretty. The flow down to the beach is easy and the sitting area by the beach is wonderful. With pool shoes and snorkel fins, we enjoyed the beach and the water every day. The snorkeling was fantastic! Thousands of fish, some spiny lobsters, couple small sea turtles, and we think, some squid... The water was never rough dur]e to the coral reef. We also enjoyed the peaceful, private location. We did not see anyone on the beach the entire stay. The home is close to sandy beaches in the east end and 15 minutes to Rum Point as well, so we never felt like we were too remote. Dinners - Tukka, Lighthouse, Italian Kitchen and Rum Point were fantastic. We are in a few nights as well. Our week just went by too fast! We can not wait to plan another trip back - and we will be staying at Great Bluff again!!!
Thank you for your kind words. We love this home as well. Please come again soon!
Reservations - Grand Cayman Villas
Springtime in Grand Cayman!out of 5
Reviewed by Barber on 03/17/2018
Thank you for sharing your home with our two families for our spring trip. We had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed every part of our stay. The kids played in the pool, on the beach and in the water every day. We rented two kayaks which the kids and adults used every day as well. The thatched verandas were perfect for afternoon shade and evening cocktails. We loved the spacious living/dining and kitchen area! The open format and vaulted ceiling made the home comfy and we never felt cramped. Pictures do not do full justice to Great Bluff Estates. Neither will this review. All I can say is this is by far the nicest home we have rented in 15+ years coming to the Caribbean.. We will be back again to Grand Cayman and highly recommend Great Bluff for 1-2 families, adults, children, everyone!!!