Faroway Villa - South Sound
NO LONGER BOOKABLE
Faroway Villa is a gorgeous, one-story 5,000 sq ft luxury oceanfront villa on Grand Cayman’s South Sound with an oceanfront pool, private dock with thatched cabana, beautiful outdoor dining area and sprawling lawn. Grand entry carpark and spanish-tiled roof make for a wonderful first impression on arrival. The villa sits on a wide sandy beach perfect for long walks. The waters are excellent for snorkeling with a nearby protective coral reef teeming with marine life. We recommend guests wear fins or pool shoes for foot protection when entering the water.
Faroway features marble floors, tall windows and doors, vaulted ceilings and thoughtfully-designed outdoor entertaining spaces, all of which combine for a memorable oceanfront luxury retreat. The kitchen is enormous and well fitted for gourmet cooking. Many of our guests do not leave the premises during the day. It's location on the south coast offers partial sunsets as well as viewing both the arriving and departing cruise ships out at sea during the night and early morning.
Many of our guest comments begin with the villa being much larger in person than in the photos. Grocery delivery, housekeeping and private chefs are popular add-ons for our guests.
Faroway’s Notable Features
- Large, fully-equipped outdoor kitchen with bar seating, shade and oceanfront views.
- Oceanfront pool with sizable pool deck and lawn for games for children.
- Plenty of lounge chairs can be rolled out onto the lawn as well.
- Outdoor shaded dining table and chairs.
- Private dock with thatched cabana for relaxing above the waves with a book or your morning coffee!
- 3 kayaks and 2 paddle boards for guest use - waiver required.
- 14' Hobie Cat sailboat pictured in photo is available for rental.
- Four large king bedroom suites with flat screen TVs
- First floor master bedroom opens to the pool deck with oceanfront views!
- Open architecture floor plan “great room” offers airy, light-filled dining, lounging and cooking with oceanfront views
- Gorgeous gourmet kitchen with modern appliances, granite countertops, gas range, double ovens, island counter with bar seating for 4.
- Formal dining table with seating for 6.
- Living area with large flat screen TV and plenty of comfortable seating.
Faroway is a mini-resort for families and couples alike. It is close to town for those who would prefer to use taxis.
Small events allowed with homeowner's permission.
- Sandy Beach
- Private Pool
- 4 Poolside Umbrellas
- Pool Deck Loungers
- Private Dock w/Cabana
- Covered Outdoor Dining Area
- Outdoor Kitchen
- Propane Grill
- Oceanfront Lawn
- 3 Kayaks
- 2 Paddle Boards
- Central A/C
- Flat Screen TVs
- Cable TV
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Modern Appliances
- Coffee Maker
- Nespresso Coffee Maker
- 4 King Bedroom Suites
- Washer & Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Bath & Beach Towels Provided
- Travel Shampoo & Soaps Provided
- No Smoking Allowed
- No Pets Permitted
- Gated Off-Street Parking
- Private Chefs Available
While Grand Cayman is only 22 miles wide, some guests prefer to be closer to George Town and 7 Mile Beach for day trips. Faroway Villa is only 5-10 minutes from George Town and the beaches on the west coast of the island. Driving west of the house towards George Town is a lovely beach spot known as "Smith Cove" with barefoot swimming and excellent snorkeling. Dart Beach is there as well and open to the public. For more barefoot swimming on 7 Mile Beach you can visit Royal Palms, Governor's Beach, the "Public " Beach (all beaches are techically public), Tiki Beach near the Kimpton, and Cemetery Reef for more amazing snorkeling.
Faroway Villa enjoys a sandy beach, however, guests need to be mindful that this is a marine area with a coral reef. Wading or swimming in the water will require hard-soled pool shoes for foot protection. The reef provides excellent snorkeling in shallow waters with sea grass entry. The beach is swimmable once the water becomes deep enough. Waters are calm and perfect for kayaking and paddle boarding.
On the beach, guests can walk in either direction and barely see a soul. This is a residential neighborhood and not a tourist area. The south of the island usually enjoys a pleasant gentle breeze that keeps any insects at bay minimizing the need for a screened porch.
Silver Thatch Guest Services
For arrivals beginning January 8, 2018 that have paid the guest service fee:
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited Use of Silver Thatch fitness center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch guest discount card
- $150 Discount for Silver Thatch Charter stingray/snorkel
- Guest parcel receipt and hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order and hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors and reservation assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP (fee charged by CAA)
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, baby gates available for check-out
- Complimentary early check-in (if no check-out on same day)
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages ($ delivery fee applies)
- Arrange chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photography
- $2,500 of Villa Accidental Damage Protection
|Apr 16, 2018||Dec 15, 2018||$1,500|
|Dec 16, 2018||Jan 06, 2019||$2,875|
|Jan 07, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||$2,125|
|Apr 15, 2019||Dec 15, 2019||$1,500|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership
- Owner offers reduced weekly rates for groups smaller than 8 guests (min. 4 guests)
- Owner requires a refundable cleaning and damages deposit of $2,500
- 5 nights minimum stay required
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy rate required over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's week
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay
Reviews of Faroway Villa
6 user reviews.
Wonderful Week in Cayman!out of 5
Reviewed by TD on 01/27/2018
I absolutely loved staying the week at Faroway! The view was stunning, enjoying the open kitchen and outdoor kitchen made staying in the house the perfect week. Arrival to the house was perfect with wonderful attention to cleanliness and a proper greeting from the staff. Pam Parsons made sure everything was ready for our enjoyment and even helped us get a few to the airport! I can't say enough positive things about the stay! Cayman Shoppers (Eddie) delivered the groceries perfectly and made sure we didn't have to spend hours in the grocery store as well. Will be back and rent again!
The Best Rental Property!out of 5
Reviewed by Kristen on 12/29/2017
I came here with my 4 kids, husband, and mom. We loved the house. The pictures online did not do it justice. It was much larger than expected. It has a great kitchen for anything you might want to cook (lots of appliances and cookware). It is a very tech savy house. There are speakers that go out to the pool. Buttons which bring down the shades at night. The pool was gorgeous (my kids swam every day-it is complete with sand toys and float toys). It has lots of comfortable chairs for lounging. It has an awesome outdoor grill and table/bar for eating outside. We did most lunches and all breakfasts at the house and ate out for dinner. The beach is not that great for swimming due to lots of sea grass, but there are kayaks and a paddleboard that you can take out-very fun. The view on the dock is amazing. There are plenty of beaches to go swimming at in the area, so this was not a big deal, especially with the beautiful pool. It is a great location. It is far enough away from the traffic of 7 Mile Beach, but easy enough to get to quickly. The house manager was great checking on us-making sure everything worked appliance wise on the first day. She was wonderful. Completely worth the money. Would definitely stay here again.
Family of 6 on vacation.out of 5
Reviewed by Kiki on 11/18/2017
This house is gorgeous and the back yard is perfect for hanging out with the family. The house was so clean upon arrival and the kitchen had everything we needed to cook. I love that the blinds were electronic which made it so easy to open and close. The house is close to many great local beaches. We used the beach and backyard to take sunset portraits and they turned out wonderful. I recommend you hire a photographer while on the island and capture great family portraits! The water is grassy but you can go just a couple of miles to several great beaches and just a few more to 7 mile. The grocery store is close by and it was great that management met us at the house to show us how the electronics worked and give us tips. We used 2 referrals from grand cayman villas and were so happy with their service. Silver Thatch Charters to Stingray City and the other was Perfectly Pampered. I highly recommend both!
Beautiful place, wonderful family homeout of 5
Reviewed by Amber on 07/15/2017
We had a wonderful week in Faroway Villa. We loved the location being so close to the airport and Georgetown but far enough away that we avoided the chaos of cruise ships and resort vacationers. The house is beautifully decorated and laid out perfect for 4 families. We had 4 adults, 3 teenagers, and a toddler and the the space was perfect. The dock and outdoor living areas are fabulous to enjoy the very large pool, grilling, fishing, or paddle boarding. The water at the beach was full of sea grass so most opted to stay out of it but some swam off the dock. We did drive to 7-mile beach to get a real beach day in! Despite a few technical difficulties..the fridge quit working, and the internet would only work in the main living areas not the bedrooms, and the TV being out in the master we had a fabulous week. The property manager was very quick about getting us a small fridge to use for the week so that all of our groceries would not go to waste and they did send some one to try and fix the internet but had no luck. We would definitely recommend staying here and hope to be back again!
We have repaired the fridge and are looking at range expanders for the wifi. Thank you and please come again!! -Scott
Perfect Home, Perfect Locationout of 5
Reviewed by Emily on 03/04/2017
Our family of 8 from Michigan chose Faroway because we wanted a private home on a nice beach with snorkeling, and close to town. We had firends staying Spring Break on 7MB and the kkids wanted to see them a couple times. We could not have been happier with the location or everything about the home!!! From the very second we walked through the door we were all mesmerized and in love!!! The home is obviously well taken care of by the owners- everything is thought out and available. The kitchen was well stocked. The dining and living area were large and open format - with high ceilings. This home feels huge!! The bedrooms were well appointed but not cluttered and the beds were very comfortable!!! The bonus of having paddleboards, kayaks, the dock and outdoor kitchen area were over the top for us. We did visit our friends on 7MB and they visited us TWICE!!!! Enough said - we all liked the privacy over the crowds!!!!
Beautiful Home in a great locationout of 5
Reviewed by E.F. on 02/25/2017
We recently chose Faroway for our Grand Cayman stay. We have stayed all over the island, love Rum Point and east end, but wanted to try something closer to Georgetown and 7 Mile Beach this time. We could not have found a better match for our family of 8. The home is beautiful inside. You can tell the owners take pride in their home as every detail is taken care of. The living area is huge. High 10' or higher ceilings throughout the home. The bedrooms are all large and comfortable and private. No noise whatsoever. The beach is nice and the dock is a definite reason to consider this home. Excellent snorkeling, close to Smith Cove, Georgetown shopping, 7 mile beach and especially Camana Bay for shopping and meals. Afternoons on the pool deck, dock and beach are stunning. We will come back to this home over and over. 6th time on Grand Cayman and this is our favorite so far.