7BR-Crystal Blue - Queen's Highway
Crystal Blue is a magnificent, private cliff-edged, gated villa with private pool and stone steps to the water below. Guests will not see another person behind the villa during their stay. The villa offers excellent snorkeling and diving from the back steps, with conch, starfish, lobster, and many other fish species waiting to be discovered! Relax on the oceanfront pool deck and watch the dive boats and fishing boats just off the reef.
Crystal Blue has expansive windows and glass doors to capture the majestic views of the Caribbean Sea from almost every room. Elevated 25 feet above sea level; Crystal Blue is well protected and can enjoy a breeze when air-conditioning is not necessary. Stone terraces and a private gazebo near the pool offer refuge from a hectic vacation pace! Wonderful wedding venue for up to 100 guests.
Crystal Blue’s Notable Features
- Walk through the foyer into the huge sunken living area with vaulted ceilings, enormous couches and gorgeous views, all of which lend a big feel to this 7,500 sq ft. oceanfront villa.
- Elevated oceanfront pool surrounded by plenty of outdoor furniture--multiple tables and lounge chairs are available for guests to dine, read and relax while soaking in the views.
- Separate oceanfront TV area off of the dining room and living area offers multiple areas for guest to relax and converse, complete with a Plasma TV and multiple couches!
- Full modern kitchen with refrigerator, dishwasher, double ovens, stove, coffeemaker and bar seating for 5
- Dining table and breakfast table seat eight and four, respectively
- 7 bedroom suites offer guests tons of space to spread out: 5 Kings, 1 Queen, and a Kids room has 1 (full over full) bunk bed set and 2 twin day beds. Owner also has (2) twin aero-mattresses for smaller children looking to sleep in parents room
- Central A/C, Free WiFi, Stereo, Washer/Dryer
- Large driveway with plenty of off-street parking.
- Ideal PRIVATE villa for those who don't want to see a soul during their entire stay.
- 5 minutes from grocery store, liquor store and barefoot swimming at two watersports resorts...as well as restaurants and bars.
- Accommodates up to 18 people (14 adults max.); Excellent large family or 4/5-couple villa.
- Excellent wedding venue and can accommodate many guests.
Crystal Blue does not have a sandy beach. There is a sandy beach 5 minutes east at the resorts of www.morritts.com and www.thereef.com. If 7BR Crystal Blue were located on Sand Point Road in Cayman Kai (perfect white sand beach); it would be twice the rate. This home is for those guests who have a large group; still want a lovely large (oceanfront) luxury villa...but are willing to forgo the private sandy beach in return for saving $800 - $1,200/day to pay for flights, meals and rental cars!
Crystal Blue owner generously offers a lower 5BR and 6BR rental rate for parties of smaller size (not needing all bedrooms).
You can always book for a lower occupancy tier/rate and then add bedrooms later. You cannot lower the number of BR/rates after final payment has been made.
- Villa-Private Pool
- Snorkeling Reef
- Plasma TVs
- Central A/C
- Private beach
- Gas & Charcoal Grill
- Beach & Bath Towels Provided
- No Pets Permitted
- No Smoking
Silver Thatch Guest Services
For arrivals beginning January 8, 2018 that have paid the guest service fee:
Silver Thatch Guest Membership
- Centralized on-island guest services & welcome center
- Unlimited Use of Silver Thatch Fitness Center (18+ yrs.)
- Business Center Access: computers, printer & Fedex/DHL supplies
- Proprietary Silver Thatch Guest discount card
- $150 Discount for Silver Thatch Charter stingray snorkel
- Guest parcel receipt & hold for check-in
- Jacques Scott Wine & Spirits pre-order & hold for check-in
- Referral to preferred vendors, reservation assistance
- Airport arrival Fast-Track VIP ($ fee charged by CAA)
- Special event and dinner reservations
- Welcome amenity basket
- Complimentary early check-in (if no check-out on same day)
- Day-after-arrival guest services follow-up
- Gilchrist & Soames bath products
- Pre-stocking of groceries & beverages (delivery fee applies)
- Coordinate private chefs, cooks, babysitting & family photographer
- $2,500 of Villa Accidental Damage Protection
- Complimentary pack-n-plays, booster seats, and baby gates
|Apr 16, 2017||Dec 18, 2017||$1,000|
|Dec 19, 2017||Jan 06, 2018||$1,950|
|Jan 07, 2018||Apr 15, 2018||$1,250|
|Apr 16, 2018||Dec 15, 2018||$1,000|
|Dec 16, 2018||Jan 06, 2019||$1,950|
|Jan 07, 2019||Apr 14, 2019||$1,250|
Weekly Rates & Room Configurations
- Rates are based on the number of bedrooms used. Our system assumes double occupancy, so booking for 10 guests would default to the 5BR rate
- For additional rooms, book for more guests or call us to book by phone (866-358-8455)
- Reduced occupancy rates are not available during the holiday season
(14 Adults, 18 Guests Max)
|Apr 15 - Dec 20||$7,000|
|Jan 7 - Apr 15||$8,750|
(12 Adults, 12 Guests Max)
|Apr 15 - Dec 20||$6,300|
|Jan 7 - Apr 15||$8,050|
(10 Adults, 10 Guests Max)
|Apr 15 - Dec 20||$5,600|
|Jan 7 - Apr 15||$7,350|
- 13% CI Government Occupancy Tax added to all rates
- 10% Guest Service Fee includes Silver Thatch Membership
- 20% Discount from September 1 - October 31
- 5 nights minimum stay required
- 7 nights minimum stay required during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's week
- Owner requires a refundable $500 Excess Cleaning & Damage Deposit.
- Must be 25 years or older to book, and must occupy the home during the entire stay
- Weddings and events will require an additional refundable deposit of $1,500
Reviews of 7BR-Crystal Blue
5 user reviews.
Best 50th anniversary celebrationout of 5
Reviewed by Cliff on 06/17/2017
We went to Cayman to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We took the entire family of children, grandchildren and significant others. Loved Crystal Blue!!! Perfect size for 13 people. Everyone felt like they had their own space and also space to be together.
The views were outstanding. Snorkeling right out the door was so convenient. Youngest grandson (3 Year old) would not get out of the great pool. The only minor negativity was the sofa in the main room. The cover was literally falling apart. Left quite a mess. The crab parade was amazing!!! Our 23 year old proposed to his girlfriend right at the pagoda on the premises.
Thanks so much for helping to build our memories together.
Excellentout of 5
Reviewed by John on 07/03/2016
Excellent stay. There were too many positives to list. Some easy fixes: my daughter had a scorpion in her bedroom closet, there was a slight leak in the ceiling to the left of the front door. My daughter in law was stung on the finger by a scorpion the last night we were there. In spite of these few discrepancies we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Wonderful, Peaceful Piece of Heavenout of 5
Reviewed by LP on 04/23/2016
Crystal Blue’s house is more than one could expect or ask for; warm and very welcoming right from the gate and throughout the property. The exterior of the property was well groomed and the view was picturesque; as we spent a lot of time relaxing and taking in the view.
The interior of the property is beautiful and beautifully decorated; we definitely utilized the kitchen which was well laid out and met all of our needs. Undeniable... a wonderful, peaceful piece of heaven! Blue sky, warm sun, cooling breezes and a picture perfect ocean view, I would come back in a heartbeat and recommend Crystal Blue to others as a prime vacation location for large to medium size groups.
My only suggestion would be to include a tour package/transportation for those of us who like to be chauffeured around while exploring the Island. We were very fortunate to meet a wonderful tour company driver name Leonardo Henry; he was very knowledgeable of the Island and it's history. Leonardo introduced us to several local restaurants Vivian Kitchen, Over the Edge, Heritage Kitchen and Grand Old House Cayman, the food was fantastic service was great. We also went to the Local fish Market and he assisted us with selecting a local for the Island that was the fresh catch of the day; what a way to show absolute hospitality to fourteen ladies on the Island.
The staff at Grand Cayman Villas was informative and very helpful. We will rent through them again.
Just perfect for a familyout of 5
Reviewed by Karmalynn on 03/07/2015
This home and its location were absolutely perfect for our family. Our family of eight, which included two children, really appreciated the layout of this absolutely stunning home on the ocean, which provided privacy, and luxury, for all of us. The open concept kitchen, dining area, and family room with a walk out to the large patio and pool area, was where we congregated the most, cooking meals, talking, and reading. When we weren't outside that is!
The massive living room could be used for a large party! The floor to ceiling windows looked out on the ocean view. Truly magnificent! The stone patio and pool got a great deal of use too. We always started the day out there drinking coffee, enjoying the morning breeze off the ocean, and even doing our own workouts! There was lots of space for everything. Both kids and adults enjoyed the pool, and being able to walk down the stone and coral steps to the ocean. We snorkelled off the steps almost daily. One day, some of our snorkelers even spotted a stingray! We ended our day outside too, often turning off the lights to enjoy the beauty of the stars.
From the house, we snorkelled at Morritts and the Reef, ate at Tukka and Bombay Chopsticks restaurants, drove down to Rum point where we took a private boat to Stingray City, courtesy of White Sand Sports, and did the Bioluminescent Kayak tour through Cayman Kayaks. Our divers did two dives with Ocean Frontiers, traveling through underground caves, and exploring the reefs. It was a very pro outfit. My husband and I enjoyed a walk through the Botanic gardens. All of this was within 5-10 minutes of the house. We did venture to Seven Mile Beach once, for brunch at the Ritz, which was pretty amazing! The beach was lovely, but we all agreed that the cool breezes at our house on the north side were better. This is definitely a house to consider if you have a large group.
“What an awesome stay at Crystal Blue.”out of 5
Reviewed by G Jones on 08/03/2013
We had an absolutely amazing stay at Crystal Blue on the North Shore/East End of Grand Cayman. We went with two families of 4 and are already thinking about when we can return with extended family.
We are experienced travelers having visited many of the Caribbean islands (Barbados, Turks, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bonaire) and this house was our favorite and Cayman was one of our favorite islands (tied with Bonaire for me).
We chose the house intentionally to be away from the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach and the location was perfect. The house had great views, perfectly located pool, and plenty of room to hang out together or disappear for some quite reading. The rooms were well appointed and the kitchen had all the necessary equipment for the days we choose to cook.
Good snorkeling 100 yards out off the back steps where you can swim through and around coral heads and fans with lots of fish and even a turtle or ray every so often. Easy driving access to Rum Point (excursions to stingray city with the red sail catamaran and bioluminescent kayak tours) and Morritts to swim under the pier with all the large tarpon and scuba and snorkeling trips with Ocean Frontiers.
Best fish taco on the island was at Tukka, who knew lionfish was so good to eat! No wind in august so I was unable to kite board this time but the Sweet Spot looked like a great place to get out and rip (next time). We also did a number of excursions (dolphins and horseback riding) over on the west side and the drive was not bad (30min to 7 mile beach for snorkeling and 45min all the way up to the West End).
If you are looking for a great house with great space, amazing views and good snorkeling and relatively easy access to great excursions, look no farther! We cannot wait to go back.