Our fitness center at our Silver Thatch Welcome Center remains one of the island’s best-kept secrets. Open for the exclusive use of our villa guests and owners, it’s the only fitness center of its kind in the Eastern Districts. For one, it’s conveniently located within a short 10-minute drive from a majority of our homes. And the best part, you’re likely to have it all to yourself as most guests skip workouts while in vacation mode.
Spanning over 1,300 square feet and equipped with cardio machines (2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 rower, 1 recumbent bike, and 1 stationary bike) and resistance training equipment (free weights, benches, and a universal machine), guests and owners alike can drop by for an invigorating workout. If yoga is your thing, our yoga flooring and yoga mats create the perfect setting to find your inner peace and strengthen your core. Have a look for yourself with our virtual tour of the fitness center.
Since the world went sideways, fitness centers have had to readjust to the new realities brought to light with COVID-19. As the Cayman Government develops guidance for the reopening of gyms, we are adopting some enhanced measures to safeguard your health and those of our hospitality staff.
Some steps we are taking include:
- − Fitness center hours will be reduced to staffed hours only (10:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily).
- − To allow for social distancing, we will permit no more than 6 people in the fitness center at any given time.
- − Touch-less dispensers will be available for guests to sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the fitness center.
- − Disinfectant spray bottles and paper towels will be supplied for guests to wipe down any equipment they come in contact with.
- − Ceiling fans will be on at all times to improve airflow.
- − Fitness center flooring, plus machines and equipment will be disinfected daily using CDC approved cleaners.
- − For the safety of our staff, we require that all guests wear masks upon entering the Welcome Center to access the Fitness Center. A mask is not required while exercising.
- − For your safety, we encourage you to practice social distancing with other guests using the gym and to follow personal hygiene standards (e.g. washing of hands, sneezing into your elbow, etc.) as recommended by the CDC.
We understand your body, mind, and health come first. If you are still hesitant about using our fitness center consider an at-villa workout by hiring a personal trainer or yoga instructor. We have a number of highly-qualified fitness professionals who will come to you for a full-body workout by the pool, or a yoga session on the beach. Just ask our reservations team for info at any time during your trip planning.