To all the daydreamers fantasizing about their next Caribbean vacation, we’re right there with you. For many of us, travel is an essential and rewarding part of our lives. Some of the best memories have been those shared with loved ones on trips, near and far.
Recent events have been a shock to us all as nearly every aspect of daily life has been disrupted. Yet, we still look forward to sunnier days when we can welcome you back to our island paradise.
That day will soon come, but in the meantime, we are taking actions right now to protect your health and safety once you’re ready to travel again. That is why we’re re-examining our villa cleaning procedures to take into account recent guidance from leading health and hospitality experts as well as government authorities.
We are adding procedures and products to our housekeeping protocols, as well an additional inspection. Our housekeeping staff will follow our Silver Thatch Cleanliness Guidelines when preparing each villa for guest arrival. Now, more than ever, we want to provide peace of mind that you and your families have a safe, clean home away from home in Grand Cayman.
Before the world was turned upside down, our housekeeping teams cleaned and inspected every villa from top to bottom prior to each guest’s arrival. We rarely had any guest complaints about the cleanliness of our homes which speaks to the impeccable job they do every day.
For their protection as well as your own, the following steps will be taken by all housekeeping teams across all our properties.
- • All team members will receive training on best practices for personal hygiene and cleaning protocols based on guidance from local authorities, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- • Team members will be instructed not to report for duty should they exhibit symptoms of any illness.
- • Masks and disposable gloves will be worn throughout the cleaning process.
- • EPA-approved cleaning products and household disinfectants will be used exclusively (e.g. Clorox, Lysol, Fabuloso, Pine-Sol, etc.)
- • All towels and linens will be laundered at the highest temperature setting recommended by the manufacturer and dried thoroughly.
Villa Cleaning & Sanitation
- • All high touch surfaces will be cleaned with anti-bacterial soap and water. Examples include: dining tables, kitchen countertops and appliances, light switches, door knobs, cabinet pulls and handles, railings, faucets, knobs, telephones, sinks, and toilets.
- • Windows in bedrooms and common areas will be opened to allow fresh air to circulate during the cleaning process.
- • All electronics and light fixtures will be wiped down including remotes and thermostats
- • All floors will be swept and mopped with approved disinfectant cleaners.
- • All doors & hardware will be cleaned and disinfected.
While this list is not exhaustive, we will continue to add to our new cleaning protocols as we learn more from global health experts and local authorities.
In addition, we intend to provide all guests with a starter supply of essential amenities during their stay, again for peace of mind:
- • Anti-bacterial hand sanitizer (e.g. Purell)
- • Anti-bacterial hand soap
- • Disposable disinfectant wipes
- • Paper towels and toilet paper
Guests will likely want to purchase larger quantities of these items from local supermarkets or elect to have these items stocked and delivered to their villa prior to arrival.
We hope the actions we take today will provide our guests both clarity and reassurance as they daydream about their next Caribbean vacation.
Once you are ready to travel and explore our beautiful island once again, we will be ready to welcome you to your private home away from home in Grand Cayman.